Rain, rain, go away
Ugh, it's been raining for the past month pretty constantly, at least once a day, it's cloudy all the time, and it's cold. (I miss the tropics). I bought a 30-day parking permit because I am determined to bike to class, but with the rain and cold (and the fact I'm coming down with a cold ), it's just not happening yet. I hope my bike hasn't rusted. Should've thought of that earlier.....
School's going alright. It's a lot of reading, but I think i'm managing to keep up with it so far. Outside of school, grass volleyball is starting up next week, and I'm actually going to the gym to make up for the lack of biking. I find that even going for a half hour on the ellipticals really does wonders. But it's also fun going with the girls and planting ourselves on a bike and gossiping. Or making up gossip, as Elizabeth said today.
I also got to observe my psychiatrist mentor the first week of school on our Cesar Chavez holiday. It was at a child/adolescent inpatient ward at a local psychiatric hospital. A 3rd year medical student was there also, on one of her rotations, and i got to see both of them interview 3-4 kids. Most had issues of depression, some suicidal, some issues of bipolar. It was pretty fascinating watching them interact with the kids and seeing how they frame their questions or statements to help guide the kids to certain realizations about things.
ReVisit weekend was last Friday/Saturday for the admitted students. They had a free dinner at Sudwerks for whoever came (can't pass that up), and I got to talk to a few of them. It was fun, and I think I told them lots of good things that the admin people may not really mention. At any rate, they seemed pretty excited and gave "oh cool!" remarks. I didn't go to clinic on Saturday to tag along with Christian to his college friend's place up in Tehama, just north of Chico. They have a nice place overlooking the Sacramento River, and a really cute dog. It was fun hanging out with a different crowd.
Going out while it's not raining. Catch y'all later.
School's going alright. It's a lot of reading, but I think i'm managing to keep up with it so far. Outside of school, grass volleyball is starting up next week, and I'm actually going to the gym to make up for the lack of biking. I find that even going for a half hour on the ellipticals really does wonders. But it's also fun going with the girls and planting ourselves on a bike and gossiping. Or making up gossip, as Elizabeth said today.
I also got to observe my psychiatrist mentor the first week of school on our Cesar Chavez holiday. It was at a child/adolescent inpatient ward at a local psychiatric hospital. A 3rd year medical student was there also, on one of her rotations, and i got to see both of them interview 3-4 kids. Most had issues of depression, some suicidal, some issues of bipolar. It was pretty fascinating watching them interact with the kids and seeing how they frame their questions or statements to help guide the kids to certain realizations about things.
ReVisit weekend was last Friday/Saturday for the admitted students. They had a free dinner at Sudwerks for whoever came (can't pass that up), and I got to talk to a few of them. It was fun, and I think I told them lots of good things that the admin people may not really mention. At any rate, they seemed pretty excited and gave "oh cool!" remarks. I didn't go to clinic on Saturday to tag along with Christian to his college friend's place up in Tehama, just north of Chico. They have a nice place overlooking the Sacramento River, and a really cute dog. It was fun hanging out with a different crowd.
Going out while it's not raining. Catch y'all later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home