Where is My Mind?

2.11.2006

I dug my own hole

And now i have to lie in it.

Snowboarding in Tahoe was fun. Then Christian finally arrived a week later. The following weekend I skipped class on friday, picked up Tammy in San Jose, and drove down the state and joined up with the college crew in Big Bear. It was a lot of fun, and very much worth it. I got more comfortable with switching between my heel and toe edges, and the cool thing about Snow Summit is that they have a looong easy green circle run from the top of the mountain. The snow didn't compare to that one day in Tahoe, though. In fact, there wasn't much real snow at all. It was kinda weird to see snow on the mountain but then look across the lake and not see snow on the adjacent mountains. But hey, we had free lodging AND free lift tickets (Thanks Nye!), so I'm not one to complain.

Memorable moments - on the long green circle run, Tammy had fallen a little ways down the hill, and her beanie had fallen off. She called up to me to see if i could grab it on my way down. I tried. I actually ran over the beanie. She then called up to Nye to get it, and then HE ran over it with his snowboard. When she got it back, it was covered in ice, inside and out. It was really, really funny - we spent at least 2-3 minutes laughing before actually picking up the beanie and handing it to her.

Some guy ran into me down one of the hills. His snowboard rammed into my upper arm as he crashed and burned. That hurt. I had a nasty bruise on my bicep for a couple of days.

So, skipping studying those two weekends hit me hard the past 10 days as I prepared for the toughest week ever, which included midterms. Oh my God, it was draining to study every day, and still feel like you didn't do a good job on the tests afterwards. Histology, I think, I did the best on of the three. Physio, as much as I tried to cram, I still got a number of things wrong, and I totally answered one essay question incorrectly, I believe. Biochem studying wasn't so bad, but when the test came, I kept getting different regulatory pathways mixed up and overread some questions, and even though I tell myself NOT to change answers after the first run unless there is a very compelling reason to, I changed quite a bit. Ugh.

I de-stressed by getting a Wicki at Cafe Bernardo's with Christian, Elizabeth, and Jennifer last night, and i finally got to sleep in for the first time in 10 days. And i didn't do anything school related at all today. Tomorrow we're going to Napa :) And then it's back to the grind, only I will NOT lag behind, I will pre-read AND re-review material the same day, and have a constant group study schedule with my classmates. No more snowboarding this season. (sigh)

School aside, it's been great having Christian around now :) All throughout hell week I came home for dinner and he was ready with food :) I washed the dishes in thanks. Alison is supposedly moving out next weekend, but it doesn't look like it with the amount of stuff that remains to be packed. We'll see how empty things are when we come back from LA next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home