Where is My Mind?

12.17.2005

7% Doctor

That's me! 1/15 of the way done with med school. Anatomy final went well after mass, mass studying following the doctoring final, which went okay, which was after biochem, which wasn't too bad. I am so drained though, that it feels SOOO f-in good to not do anything school related.

So, let's see. Christian came and visited last week, which was good and bad. Good because we hadn't seen each other in a while, and bad because it was right before our big comprehensive quiz in anatomy and during finals week. His leg's feeling a lot better, and recovers a lot faster from walking, etc. That's so exciting, because once he's up to snuff, we can do tons more stuff together, which is good (salsa dancing!) and bad (camping). J/K. Things are falling into place quite nicely. I think I've transitioned well from work back to student, from undergrad to medical school. I do miss the arts/culture world, though....Tae and I were talking about operas and musicals on the ride down and I'm itching to see a show. Alas, I have no money, for I am a poor student. We're going to be living in sin when he move out. Unfortunately for my current roommate, a Canadian post-doc, she has to move out because her appointment ended and hasn't found another job to keep her in the states, as much as she likes Davis. Too bad; I like her and her cute little dog. Unfortunately for me, if I'd know about this when looking for housing, I would've just gone with a 1-bedroom apartment and the rent would'v been a LOT cheaper once Christian came out here. But don't tell my parents! I've grappled with the thought of telling them, but I'm scared because they are hardcore Catholics and I don't know if they'd overreact to the news. I rationalize it this way: it's more practical that we live together, because we spend all our free time with each other anyway that it would not be productive to spend our free time traveling to each other's places. I guess I wasn't ready to take that big step when I first got to Davis because I wanted to make this transition and wanted to do well my first quarter. Now that that's done, I can move on to the next thing. So it works out well in the end. Unfortunately the rent is gonna be a little higher since we're gonna move into the master bedroom. We're gonna see if we can rent out the other room (my current one) to a grad student/someone to hopefully lower the rent a little. Anyone want their own room and (huge) bathroom for $525/mo?

Things I want to accomplish while I'm back at home:
Clear out the clutter my mom has made in my room and try to reclaim it (again). I really, *really* hope I don't have this hoarding problem when I'm older.
Spend time with friends that I didn't get to see the last couple of times I was here.
Spend time with my classmates who are in town.
Get the red velvet cake at Fred 62. The last 2 times I've been there they've been out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home