Where is My Mind?

12.26.2005

First Quarter Review

After reviewing my previous posts from the past quarter, it appears that all I really blogged about were the parties we've had, or some other fun activity. Doesn't mean there's been a lot of work that's been done academically! I guess it's just because the social aspects of school have been soo much more exciting than actual schoolwork, at least that's worth blogging about.

So my typical day last quarter went like this: Biochem at 10, Anatomy lecture at 11, lunch hour, which usually consisted of a free lunch/lecture, sometimes there was an anatomy lecture in the afternoons (radiology on thursdays, usually), and then the rest of the day in anatomy lab, usually ending around 5-6. If we got out earlier, that was pretty amazing, and we'd get ice cream or something to celebrate. Interspersed in that pretty routine schedule was Doctoring, where we had small groups on tuesday mornings at 8 and our wednesdays were pretty lax, sometimes there was lecture, sometimes free time to go to our home visit patient or preceptor. When i got home, I usually called Christian and we talked on the phone for an hour or so. I made dinner, and then studied all night. Lather, rinse, repeat. Saturdays i tried to go to clinic as regularly as possible, the most regularly that i did was every other week. I think i'm almost comfortable enough to interview on my own after doing tag teams last quarter. Sundays was the only day I watched TV, Desperate Housewives/Grey's anatomy over at Elizabeth's.

So, I hope everyone had a merry christmas. Mine was pretty fun. Friday, I went to Dizzy-land with Janice and her friends, and I got a complimentary pass from her friend Rudy, who works there. He was also able to get us good hook-ups with getting into ride lines faster so we wouldn't have to wait so long (it was really crowded). We also got discounts on food because of his employee discount and janice's annual passport. Thanks rudy! All in all it was a very productive day, we rode lots of rides and got really tired at the end of the day.

Christmas eve, I had lunch with Erin at Fred 62 and FINALLY got to eat their red velvet cake, after having Eggs Fredstone (a play on Eggs Benedict, instead of an English muffin and canadian bacon it's on a tomato with crumbled bacon. It was really good). The cake was really really moist and rich, and every time I wiped my mouth on my napkin, it'd be covered in red.
My family and I went to Midnight Mass, and it was a lot more lively compared to other years. The choir people got violinists (which they've always had, and i've always liked), but they also got a drummer this year, so it was a lot more lively.

Christmas Day was fun, after clearing and cleaning up the clutter, we had family over, and it was a good time. Artie was in town, and it's always fun when he's around. I'm so jealous of the life he leads, he's so carefree and free-spirited....so he's living in NYC right now (hates walking 30 blocks to work thanks to the strike!), and in May he's gonna go on another month-or-more-long adventure in eastern Europe.

Today Erin and I braved the crowds of Glendale and saw The Producers. It was funny, just like the musical, and I noticed that the audience was noticeably older. She's off to Costa Rica with her family on Wednesday =P So Jealous of all these travelers!

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home