Where is My Mind?

5.19.2006

Almost done.....

Man, this week was just brutal - 5 endocrinology lectures, 5 neuro lectures, and 2 pathology labs. I was doing okay during the beginning of the week, and then i just kept falling behind on reading as the week progressed. In a way, I'm glad the Big Sur trip didn't happen because I now have the weekend to make it all back, and hopefully I won't fall behind when next week starts, especially with Christian back in town.

I'm really liking pathology. It's a lot of reading, but I hope this is the beginning of a good trend where the classes become more exciting as we start to learn how things go wrong.

It's hard to believe I'm almost an MS2. This year has seriously gone by so fast.

Grass volleyball IM season is over; we made it to the playoffs, but lost in the first round. We played pretty well for only having 3 people, and it was a close 2nd game. The other SOM team lost in 3 games, that was a close game as well. But, as we have all said, "more time to study!"

Allergies suck. The drugstores here were ALL out of allergy meds until I finally got something that works. At first, I was taking regular Claritin and then drinking some Robitussin. The added effects worked pretty well. Now I finally got some Claritin D, which works pretty well, except my nose still doesn't really like cooperating at the end of the day. I'm still going to the doctor next week; hopefully they can give me something to help with all the symptoms. My eyes also hurt after biking back at the end of the day, so much so that I've had to take my contacts off when I get home. I actually tried biking with my old prescription glasses one day; that was pretty bad with how everything was blurry.

What has surprised me today? It actually rained today, and the heat spell is over (for now).

What has touched my heart today? I'm grateful for my brain. I feel for those suffering with prosopagnosia (those with the inability to recognize faces....in neuro today the lecturer told us he knew someone with it, and how difficult it must be to not recognize your kids when you pick them up from daycare...)

What has inspired me today? There are elliptical machines at the ARC that can target the gluteal muscles. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home