Where is My Mind?

10.19.2004

What a Circus this month is

I've succumed to blogging at work. I've been trying to round up subjects for scanning all morning and I need a break.

Texas was a lot of fun. It was great seeing and hanging out with everybody. Pictures are up at Scott's page and my videos are located on the link at the right. Here is the weekend in a nutshell:

GOOD Mexican food (YUM!)
"Caving" sort of.
San Antonio, the Alamo, Comedy Club, Live Music = Excellent
Austin's 6th street - reminded me of Adams Morgan but not as crowded on the street (because they close the street to traffic, very smart) Good live music as well. My new favorite drink is a Raspberry Kamikaze.
Sculpture Falls - cute dogs swimming in the lake, swinging from a rope (people, not dogs), jumping into cool water, skipping rocks.
BBQ = Yummy prime rib at Logan's. They had awesome bread too, reminded me of fresh warm pan de sal (melt!).
Lunch at The Salt Lick = Excellent. The BBQ and Mexican food in texas are top-notch.
Lots and lots of Tetris. oh boy.

At work, I've been working on fixing this abstract for the Cognitive Neuroscience Concerence. The abstract is due next week, the conference is sometime in April in NYC. yay!

Last weekend was pretty hectic too. Friday night was Varekai, which was excellent. I saw it with Christian, my roommate Jenn, and her boyfriend Dan. It was Christian's first Cirque show and he was totally amazed by everything. It was great. If it stops by in your city on the US tour, definitely check it out! Saturday, I went with Christian to his uncle's surprise birthday party which was in the Middle of Nowhere, Maryland, somehwere along the northern end of the Potomac near Hagerstown. Well, first off we went into Hagerstown to his parent's other house and I finally got to see pictures of him when he was a little kid. CUTE :) At the party, I got to meet more of his family, which was pretty good and interesting. They had a slideshow of family pictures of his uncle and his family, which also had a few more pictures of Christian when he was little (awwww), but more interesting was that they had pictures of his grandparents that he'd never seen. I was pretty amazed by them too, because they were in color, for the most part, of pictures taken in the 50s or so.

The party lasted a while so we got home pretty late, and on Sunday we went to Shenandoah National Park to look at the leaves (trees were starting to change color around here) and went on a small hike, and caugh the sunset before heading back. It was really pretty catching it set over the ridges on the other side of the valley. One weird thing was, after the sun had set, you could see 4-5 "things" low on the horizon that were very white and bright. I think they were planets or something, they could've been satellites too, but it was interesting to see them so bright in the same area just after the sun set.

There was a small scare yesterday afternoon. I'd forgotten that i'd driven to Christian's place and parked my car on the street on Sunday, when it's safe to park there on the weekends. We were so tired from driving and hiking that when we arrived back in town from Shenandoah, we had dinner at my place and I stayed to clean up and stuff. Both of us totally forgot my car was at his place. So Monday rolls around and we metro in to work, the day goes on, and when i'm walking back to my place from the metro last night, recall, "where the hell is my car?" cuz i hadn't seen it in the parking lot. After like, 5 minutes of racking my brain, realize it's probably still in Christian's neighborhood (and since it was Monday, probably towed), i think to myself, "#!*()!!" That second, Dan is walking towards me heading for the front door and says "Hey Naomi," He was nice enough to drive me over to Christian's neighborhood where my car WAS STILL THERE and HAD NO TICKET. I was truly amazed and felt extremely lucky.

Ugh, i can't wait to go to San Diego this weekend :) hit me up if you're gonna be in the area!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home