Break time
I'm currently taking a break from...WORK. not med school app work (that's coming up), but work work =P On a holiday!!!!! I have to make a poster by thursday for the "fake retreat" next monday-tuesday of my project, and i'm still making graphs. poopie.
working aside, i'm glad we had a holiday, we havne't had a holiday since the 4th of july. Saturday was spent waiting around at Christian's for the cable guy to hook him up with cable tv and internet. he didn't arrive within the block he was supposed to come, so he got $20 off his next bill. I've been working on apps every once in a while. Next up are UPitt, UCLA, USC, and Stanford. I want to send all the Cali ones out asap and the rest by the end of the month. I feel like i have some time, since i'm waiting on that one last letter from Hoag, i can spend alittle more time on my essays, knowing my file won't be complete at schools until they get my letters of recommendation. it sucks that i feel i'm gonna be late in getting complete, but hopefully things work out in the end. if not, then that just blows.
Sunday: Christian and I went to Annapolis in the afternoon/evening. Such a quaint little town. we took a boat ride thingie that went along the harbor and the side of the Naval Academy. There were tons of plebes walking around town (i could tell they were plebes because they were wearing tags, and it said '08) Cute little navy boys :) hee hee. we went shopping at the little boutiques and i got some things...some stuff i saw reminded me that some birthdays are coming up and i need to send gifts. We had dinner at a restaurant off the main street (his treat :) and tried to get him utensils at BBB, but since it was Sunday, most of the shops had closed early for the evening. (since he moved to his new place he hasn't had utensils except for the plasticware i stole from the cafeteria).
Today we finally went to BBB (it seemed that everyone in Montgomery County decided to go shopping, because lines to turn into the many plazas around 355 were long) and i got him new sheets as a housewarming gift and he finally got some other things for his place. odd thing was, the pillowcases for the sheets cost more than the fitted and flat sheet. weird.
he's currently watching some serial killer movie. i'm gonna go work on my moral dilemma essay for Pitt.
Status Update:
2ndaries sent: Northwestern, UCI, NYMC, NYU, UPenn, Penn State, U Michigan, U Rochester, UCSD/Loyola/BU/Einstein tomorrow.
working aside, i'm glad we had a holiday, we havne't had a holiday since the 4th of july. Saturday was spent waiting around at Christian's for the cable guy to hook him up with cable tv and internet. he didn't arrive within the block he was supposed to come, so he got $20 off his next bill. I've been working on apps every once in a while. Next up are UPitt, UCLA, USC, and Stanford. I want to send all the Cali ones out asap and the rest by the end of the month. I feel like i have some time, since i'm waiting on that one last letter from Hoag, i can spend alittle more time on my essays, knowing my file won't be complete at schools until they get my letters of recommendation. it sucks that i feel i'm gonna be late in getting complete, but hopefully things work out in the end. if not, then that just blows.
Sunday: Christian and I went to Annapolis in the afternoon/evening. Such a quaint little town. we took a boat ride thingie that went along the harbor and the side of the Naval Academy. There were tons of plebes walking around town (i could tell they were plebes because they were wearing tags, and it said '08) Cute little navy boys :) hee hee. we went shopping at the little boutiques and i got some things...some stuff i saw reminded me that some birthdays are coming up and i need to send gifts. We had dinner at a restaurant off the main street (his treat :) and tried to get him utensils at BBB, but since it was Sunday, most of the shops had closed early for the evening. (since he moved to his new place he hasn't had utensils except for the plasticware i stole from the cafeteria).
Today we finally went to BBB (it seemed that everyone in Montgomery County decided to go shopping, because lines to turn into the many plazas around 355 were long) and i got him new sheets as a housewarming gift and he finally got some other things for his place. odd thing was, the pillowcases for the sheets cost more than the fitted and flat sheet. weird.
he's currently watching some serial killer movie. i'm gonna go work on my moral dilemma essay for Pitt.
Status Update:
2ndaries sent: Northwestern, UCI, NYMC, NYU, UPenn, Penn State, U Michigan, U Rochester, UCSD/Loyola/BU/Einstein tomorrow.

1 Comments:
If I had the money, I would go to Bed Bath and Beyond and go nuts... however, I hate how I couldn't get just 1 or 2 of those little espresso cups, or one of those big 18 or 20 oz coffee mugs (in a gender neutral color). It'd also be cool to have a serated knife for cutting bread, a cleaver for chopping meat (and smashing garlic), different pans for different frying or baking needs. Yea when it comes to the kitchen... I divert from the hetero norm.
By
Albert, at 5:42 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home