Update
Today Christian and I have been together for 4 months :) things are really great and going along swimmingly. i simply cannot believe how i found someone who 1. really likes me 2. is a fellow dork 3. shares a lot of common interests 4. is so well rounded and knowledgable in many areas 5. knows when to have a good time and when to chill 6.is very understanding and caring. 7. when i least expected it. i can go on and on but i'll spare the sappy details.
well there is one story that's pretty funny. back in February/March (whatever month Fat Tuesday fell on), I was hanging out at Rock Bottom with other LBC IRTAs for a post-doc's farewell drink-away. (this was Carl, a cool post-doc from England who could talk up a storm and is very funny even sober). Everyone had had a number of drinks (because Tuesdays is $1 beer happy hour and a half) and even after 7pm people were still drinking. (i had my requisite 2-3 and was properly drunk myself) and i'd decided to stay even after Kara and Brenna (the last 2 girls) had left because i 1. didn't have anything else to do (sad life i led, studying for the mcat) and 2. i did have that secret crush on Christian and wanted to hang out with the guys more. So me, David, Carl, Christian, and maybe Nik were talking about relationships and the opposite sex, and Christian was being a little flirty with me (he was pretty buzzed). either I or David brought up the topic of "types" that people are attracted to or if guys/girls go for a certain "type," drunk Christian blurted out to the the table, "You are SO MY TYPE!" to which shy me laughed it off and probably got a little embarrassed (i was pretty drunk too). I got a ride home that night from David & Christian (David was driving drunk Christian home and he was still a newbie at driving Christian's stick shift) and when he started the car some Al Green or Marvin Gaye song came on and both of them were joking about how Christian wanted to make a move or something . to which i laughed it off again.
Turns out Christian was so drunk he'd totally forgotten about the "You're SO MY TYPE" comment until David brought it up to him awhile later (he also shared his office with Kara, and they were gossipy and had a bet going on as to when Christian and I would hook up!) David and Kara's constant joking about it pushed him to ask me out, and the rest is history. (how he asked me out is another story in itself. but i think everyone's heard that :)
Anyway, I *was* going to update...the lab meeting presentation went really well. Pat and Alex had my back if anyone had questions. Ilana said I had the "head-turn-to-Alex" down whenever someone asked something. So since I did 2 lab meetings (1 journal club and 1 data presentation) in less than 3 months, I think i'm off the hook for ever leading a lab meeting for the rest of my time here. Apparently i'm one of the few LBC IRTAs to present data at lab meeting.
Fall is beginning to start....i think since we didn't get a ton of rain this summer (compared to the 40 days of straight rain last year) the colors aren't changing on trees as nicely. Some are looking pretty sparse already and some dont' really change colors...they get an ugly brown on the ends of branches and just kinda die off.
I was looking at my calendar and I'm booked for almost every weekend in October :) Next week is JAMAICA (whee! don't tell my parents!), the week after is AUSTIN (Whee! good times with Flo!), the week after is VAREKAI (Whee! Cirque du Soleil! I wanted to go on the IRTA white water rafting trip that weekend but my wallet hurts), the week after is SFN (Whee! San Diego!) and i presume someone's gonna have a halloween party the next weekend. i need to get a flapper dress.
ok, eyes hurt from looking at screen and wrist hurts from typing. ciao.
well there is one story that's pretty funny. back in February/March (whatever month Fat Tuesday fell on), I was hanging out at Rock Bottom with other LBC IRTAs for a post-doc's farewell drink-away. (this was Carl, a cool post-doc from England who could talk up a storm and is very funny even sober). Everyone had had a number of drinks (because Tuesdays is $1 beer happy hour and a half) and even after 7pm people were still drinking. (i had my requisite 2-3 and was properly drunk myself) and i'd decided to stay even after Kara and Brenna (the last 2 girls) had left because i 1. didn't have anything else to do (sad life i led, studying for the mcat) and 2. i did have that secret crush on Christian and wanted to hang out with the guys more. So me, David, Carl, Christian, and maybe Nik were talking about relationships and the opposite sex, and Christian was being a little flirty with me (he was pretty buzzed). either I or David brought up the topic of "types" that people are attracted to or if guys/girls go for a certain "type," drunk Christian blurted out to the the table, "You are SO MY TYPE!" to which shy me laughed it off and probably got a little embarrassed (i was pretty drunk too). I got a ride home that night from David & Christian (David was driving drunk Christian home and he was still a newbie at driving Christian's stick shift) and when he started the car some Al Green or Marvin Gaye song came on and both of them were joking about how Christian wanted to make a move or something . to which i laughed it off again.
Turns out Christian was so drunk he'd totally forgotten about the "You're SO MY TYPE" comment until David brought it up to him awhile later (he also shared his office with Kara, and they were gossipy and had a bet going on as to when Christian and I would hook up!) David and Kara's constant joking about it pushed him to ask me out, and the rest is history. (how he asked me out is another story in itself. but i think everyone's heard that :)
Anyway, I *was* going to update...the lab meeting presentation went really well. Pat and Alex had my back if anyone had questions. Ilana said I had the "head-turn-to-Alex" down whenever someone asked something. So since I did 2 lab meetings (1 journal club and 1 data presentation) in less than 3 months, I think i'm off the hook for ever leading a lab meeting for the rest of my time here. Apparently i'm one of the few LBC IRTAs to present data at lab meeting.
Fall is beginning to start....i think since we didn't get a ton of rain this summer (compared to the 40 days of straight rain last year) the colors aren't changing on trees as nicely. Some are looking pretty sparse already and some dont' really change colors...they get an ugly brown on the ends of branches and just kinda die off.
I was looking at my calendar and I'm booked for almost every weekend in October :) Next week is JAMAICA (whee! don't tell my parents!), the week after is AUSTIN (Whee! good times with Flo!), the week after is VAREKAI (Whee! Cirque du Soleil! I wanted to go on the IRTA white water rafting trip that weekend but my wallet hurts), the week after is SFN (Whee! San Diego!) and i presume someone's gonna have a halloween party the next weekend. i need to get a flapper dress.
ok, eyes hurt from looking at screen and wrist hurts from typing. ciao.

1 Comments:
Alas I wish I could go to Texas with y'all.
By
Albert, at 9:38 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home