Goodbye Davis, it's been fun
I'm sitting in the new library at the new medical education building; if i look to my left outside the massive wall of windows, I can see the 14 floors of Davis Tower (part of the hospital). If i look straight ahead, I see the offices of the Cancer Center. I'll have to walk a block/2 to get to my car, but I have mace - just in case. We are in the city now, ya know.
Tomorrow's gonna be our last class on the Davis campus. We'll have finals there next week, but come January everything's gonna be in this nice spiffy new building (chock with new building smell). All in all, I'm glad I was able to experience living in Davis for a bit; it's got it's charm, it's local restaurants, it's large dog park, it's Arboretum, and all the bikes (which reminds me...my bike is still chained up there...hopefully. It will be nice, however, being so much closer to the hospital and being able to run into 3rd and 4th years, maybe. And being in a new building (every time we had a Davis alum lecture to us, they'd always comment about where they sat in 2428 or in 180, the different lecture halls). It's a beautiful, gorgeous building. With no anatomy labs (sorry incoming 1st years).
I'm procrastinating because the traffic sucks on the freeways on the way home. I should study a little more before heading out.
I'll come back to Davis the town sometimes; Picnic Day (i'm determined to see the Dachsund Derby this year), random times coming back from the Bay, if Christian and I feel like going to the big dog park for old time's sake, or to get Plochknik from Cafe Mediterrane. Thanks for the memories!
Tomorrow's gonna be our last class on the Davis campus. We'll have finals there next week, but come January everything's gonna be in this nice spiffy new building (chock with new building smell). All in all, I'm glad I was able to experience living in Davis for a bit; it's got it's charm, it's local restaurants, it's large dog park, it's Arboretum, and all the bikes (which reminds me...my bike is still chained up there...hopefully. It will be nice, however, being so much closer to the hospital and being able to run into 3rd and 4th years, maybe. And being in a new building (every time we had a Davis alum lecture to us, they'd always comment about where they sat in 2428 or in 180, the different lecture halls). It's a beautiful, gorgeous building. With no anatomy labs (sorry incoming 1st years).
I'm procrastinating because the traffic sucks on the freeways on the way home. I should study a little more before heading out.
I'll come back to Davis the town sometimes; Picnic Day (i'm determined to see the Dachsund Derby this year), random times coming back from the Bay, if Christian and I feel like going to the big dog park for old time's sake, or to get Plochknik from Cafe Mediterrane. Thanks for the memories!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home