Where is My Mind?

6.10.2006

And it was all Yellow

"Yellow" came up on my iPod as I was biking back home yesterday, and it truly seemed to sum up the lightness that I was feeling, the hot Central Valley air, and the slight breeze wafting through the atmosphere. Call me an MS2, baby, cuz first year is OVER! It had to end with a bang, the 3.5 hour behemoth that was the Neurobiology final, chock full of brain stem images, case studies, and a write up. The test booklet seriously weighed 1-2 pounds, there was a wave of "whoa"s as people passed the booklets down to the next person.

Aside from that, finals week went pretty well (can't say much more, I haven't gotten my grades yet). Endo was pretty harsh, and Path was challenging as well, but not terrible.

Yesterday the class had a BBQ + entertainment at a local park. Christian and I brought Koko, and she was so well behaved as people came up to pet her and stuff. She only freaked out when she saw beer cans. The entertainment was Tae, Nyonnoweh and Stephanie singing excerpts from Man of la Mancha and Oklahoma. Very fun. Christian had gone to the restroom at one point, leaving Koko with me as the singing went on. When he returned, he was talking to someone and sat at the BBQ area, away from the grassy knoll where the singing was, and Koko saw him, whined, and started to run. She was on her leash, which was attached to my arm. She proceeded to drag me and make a big commotion about it as she bounded towards him, at which point I let go of the leash, recovered, and returned to my seat. But it didn't go unnoticed, as many a classmate saw what happened, the 60 pound dog dragging little me across the grass, barely keeping up with the leash. That was a lot of fun, and then we arrived at Ishai's party about an hour late, had enough time to get a drink and chat a little before the police came to break it up. Stupid undergrads complaining that it was too noisy to study for finals. Dude, we just finished our first year of medical school, have a little understanding. Christian and I decided to opt out of continuing the party at Soga's and went home to sleep in. It was glorious.

Now, back to getting the apartment back to normal before heading off to Canada :) I keep forgetting to call my parents to tell them about it.....

1 Comments:

  • I don't have your email address. Can you send it to me?

    galenagrizzly@yahoo.com

    By Blogger Mateo, at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home