Where is My Mind?

12.14.2006

5 years and still running

Wow, look at the archive on the right; I started blogging 5 years ago! All in a plan to vent pent up emotions as part of a treatment plan to get over a bad breakup. Looking back, I was exhibiting lots of dependent personality issues, which didn't really help the situation. Now, I think I'm more self-sufficient, and looking out for #1 may be more beneficial than always trying to be the servant. One thing I've realized in med school is that you do have to look out for your sanity; make sure it's not on another continent. Take care of yourself!

All in moderation, though!

I'm glad finals are over. This going-around was a little tougher than past quarters because we had 3 finals in a row. So I think I did pretty well on Path and Musculoskeletal, which we had on Tuesday, and then it went downhill from there. I think I passed the other two exams. Fortunately, the exam coordinator for our class is moving to a different position, so we get the coordinator who was responsible for our first year exams back. She was a lot more creative at scheduling exams so it was a more feasible study schedule. This time was just awful.

Anywho, that's over, and now I can sort-of take a break. I have to (1) do lots of QBank questions (2) prep my psych paper and (3) presentation, and I have the ambitious goal of reading Lippincott's Biochemistry review in preparation for the boards. Take small breaks to shop for Christmas stuff, attend get togethers, and fly back to Sac for Elizabeth's wedding. I think it'll be a good break if I can get past the clutter in the house and not compulsively clean/organize things while getting some work done.

Time to see some friends. Who's around?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home