Where is My Mind?

8.23.2002

I'm feeling way lazy. There are times when you just want to veg and do nothing and waste away for a bit. One time has just come upon me in a wave. Today i woke up and just didn't feel like doing anything productive. I have to write up an abstract in two weeks for the next conference HRPN is participating in. I think the anxiety of writing an abstract for my research project and the prospect of presenting at a big conference whacked me in the stomach and i don't really feel like doing anything about it for the next few days. I'm scared! I feel so inept about all this post-experiment stuff. Writing abstracts. Making posters. Eee! Scary! I'll try getting over it in the next day or two.

Other than that, the past few days have been fun. Inah and Tammy made a pinata for Amanda's birthday, and we went up to the roof of the Social Science structure to beat it down. However, the boxes that the pinata consisted of and the strong tape Tammy used to secure it were much too strong for the mailing tube we've been using to hit our previous pinatas. Rather than damaging the pinata itself, when we tried hitting it, the poor bat was being damaged! Pieces of it would splinter off ever time we hit the pinata. The "bat" was this this plastic mailing tube with a pretty strong record for our past pinatas. However, this one just beat it so much, it lost its headpiece along with some of its body. It was so funny how secure that pinata was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home