Where is My Mind?

7.26.2002

Where has the summer gone?! Vacation is ending and i have to go back to school in a week! It's gone by way too fast for my liking. But yeah...i really enjoyed not having any classes or formal school to attend this past month and a half. It's so nice to return home and not have to worry about doing any homework. I fear, though, that life is about to get a lot more stressful. First off, my work with the Striedter lab is pretty much done. My experiment finished today, with good results that support the hypothesis. I just wonder about the entire post-experiment experience, like writing it up, making posters, etc. I don't think i can present my findings at the conferences sponsored by my grant (personally i don't think it's relevant). Just as i'm ending with this lab, hopefully i'll be in another lab in the coming weeks. i have an interview with a postdoc in the McGaugh lab, someone Dr. Striedter's highly recommended. I hope the interview goes well; i'd love to join the McGaugh lab. I'd still be in the CNLM and i'd work with different animals.

Wednesday was a pretty fun day. Since the experiment was winding down i didn't feel the need to go to lab that day, hee hee. I slept in, visited Laura's lab over in the Med Sci area, went swimming, and went to the OC Fair with everyone that night. I love swimming - i managed to do a few laps, chill in the jacuzzi with Laura and Amanda, and swim some more before getting ready for the fair. It was a nice day to go swimming - one of those semi-hot irvine days. The fair was pretty fun. A bit on the expensive side, naturally - the game employees kept trying to phenagle us into playing. We got sucked into this one game because we were all intent on getting a large sized Spongebob Squarepants, which we eventually did, but at a price. We then ate (Traditional fair food - hot dogs, and lots of fried stuff). I hadn't had an Orange Julius in ages. (One of the reasons why i complain about South Coast is that it's too damn elitist - they dont' have nice cheap vendors like Orange Julius to enjoy simple foods! The OJ at the Galleria has been established there since before i was born, i bet. it'd been there as long as i can remember.) We rode a few rides, and walked around a lot, which tired out my poor feet. I still had a good time, and when we got back to the apartment we had jello shots waiting for us. =) Yum.

Oh, i don't want to go back to school.... =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home