Where is My Mind?

4.04.2005

Oh, let's go fly a kite!

Yesterday was the rescheduled day for the Smithsonian Kite Festival out on the Mall (if you're unfamiliar with DC, "the Mall" is not your local shopping center, but the big expanse of grass in between the Smithsonian museums and the Capitol). It was raining like a mo-fo on Saturday, which meant crazy winds on Sunday. Good weather for flying a kite! Except it may have been *too* windy and cold, as evidenced by the 5 kites I saw tangled in a tree. It was really cool seeing all these kites in the air all in one place, and there were some really neat ones, which i will post up when i have the time. For the time being, they'll appear on the flickr badge on the right when i upload them. There were kites that spiraled in the air, turned, and there were some kiteboarding kites out, Christian noticed, just for practice for the summer. Neat designs. One of the cooler ones i saw was one that looked like a ship! it was flying in the air and everything. One looked like an eagle about to land and grab a fish from the river. One was a parachuter that even had a little man dangling. There were a few that were an animal and had a trail of little animals behind it. Lots of dogs around too. I was glad that was going on, because the cherry blossoms haven't really bloomed yet, so it was another nice thing to do on a weekend.

We also got to see part of the new National Museum of the American Indian, which opened last fall. It's pretty neat, from what I saw; we plan on seeing more of it some other weekend.

OH! I successfully played an april fool's trick!! Christian and I were walking back to my car from dinner and we were talking about how he never takes in parking tickets to get validated so he doesn't lose them; he just leaves them in the car. As we were walking back, I asked him, "so, you have the ticket, right?" and he looked and so on and so forth and he wasn't scared for too long before I yelled "APRIL FOOL'S!!!" Mwahahahahhaah.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home