More OCD neighbor stories
We had a random snowstorm on tuesday (after the "heat wave" where it hit 68 on sunday!) and lots cars (mine included) had a bunch of ice on the surface (it's such a bitch to remove). Yesterday, as Christian and I were leaving my place, he was waiting outside for me to get my stuff while OCD lady was washing her car (again). (she was cleaning her tires as i headed out.) here is how the conversation between them went, pretty much:
OCD lady: hi
Christian: hi
basic chit chat ensues
...
Christian: it doesn't look like it's going to snow anymore
OCD lady: i sure hope so. i don't like it when they salt the roads.
....hm, okay, that was an awful recap. basically, he was trying to get her to talk about her car and how clean it is, and she pretty much corroborated the fact that she likes her car spic-n-span. salt does do a number on a car (speaking of which, i need to wash my car and get my oil changed...)
in other news, I got the nicest waitlist letter from Temple yesterday. The waitlist I was expecting, since my interviewer outright said I was interviewing for a spot on the waitlist (but he was so impressed by me he said he'd give me the highest score possible - very nice!). This letter sounded like an acceptance, except it was for a waitlist! (that's not nice, but hey, it sounded better than Rochester's!):
"we are pleased to inform you (VERY MISLEADING!)..blah blah...the committee found your application to be impressive and we have placed you on the "continuing candidates" list."
that's a kinda silly name for a waitlist.
Mt. Sinai hasn't made a decision about interviewing me or not, so I sent them an update letter today. Holding out hope for them and Loyola. If Loyola grants me an interview, I can visit Steff in Chicago, hopefully! Georgetown should be getting back to me soon. Towards the end of the month i'll be more antsy about Einstein and Pitt.....
Speaking of Pittsburgh, I'm gonna try to get U2 tickets when they stop there in October. I was going to try to get tickets this weekend for their MCI Center dates, but those turned out to be mid-week, while Pittsburgh is on a Saturday. The tickets are cheaper in Pitt anyway :) (i hope i don't jinx my application status at the school by buying tickets. if anything, Christian and I can visit David & Emily that weekend. Or i can make a LOT of money reselling them).
OCD lady: hi
Christian: hi
basic chit chat ensues
...
Christian: it doesn't look like it's going to snow anymore
OCD lady: i sure hope so. i don't like it when they salt the roads.
....hm, okay, that was an awful recap. basically, he was trying to get her to talk about her car and how clean it is, and she pretty much corroborated the fact that she likes her car spic-n-span. salt does do a number on a car (speaking of which, i need to wash my car and get my oil changed...)
in other news, I got the nicest waitlist letter from Temple yesterday. The waitlist I was expecting, since my interviewer outright said I was interviewing for a spot on the waitlist (but he was so impressed by me he said he'd give me the highest score possible - very nice!). This letter sounded like an acceptance, except it was for a waitlist! (that's not nice, but hey, it sounded better than Rochester's!):
"we are pleased to inform you (VERY MISLEADING!)..blah blah...the committee found your application to be impressive and we have placed you on the "continuing candidates" list."
that's a kinda silly name for a waitlist.
Mt. Sinai hasn't made a decision about interviewing me or not, so I sent them an update letter today. Holding out hope for them and Loyola. If Loyola grants me an interview, I can visit Steff in Chicago, hopefully! Georgetown should be getting back to me soon. Towards the end of the month i'll be more antsy about Einstein and Pitt.....
Speaking of Pittsburgh, I'm gonna try to get U2 tickets when they stop there in October. I was going to try to get tickets this weekend for their MCI Center dates, but those turned out to be mid-week, while Pittsburgh is on a Saturday. The tickets are cheaper in Pitt anyway :) (i hope i don't jinx my application status at the school by buying tickets. if anything, Christian and I can visit David & Emily that weekend. Or i can make a LOT of money reselling them).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home