Where is My Mind?

2.09.2005

Happy Chinese New Year!

Yeah, year of the rooster! Go us!

I remember back at UCI someone said roosters are notorious for shopping. :)

This is another short week for me; I took off work early on Monday to travel to UC Valhalla's (aka NYMC) Tuesday interview. Bumped into Marel during lunch, which was cool. One of the girls in my interview group was a UCI neuro alum, so we were talking neuro during the tour. Turns out Brian (super smarty) got into Northwestern's MD/PhD program; props to him! Christian and I are taking off work early tomorrow to drive up to Pittsburgh for my interview on Friday, and we're staying with David and Emily over the weekend. Really looking forward to it; Pitt is one of my tip top choices (and me and christian's only chance to overlap with schools, since he got doubly rejected from UC Davis' Neuro and Psych programs in one day - ouch!)

Well, I"ll still be working over the weekend anyway, since I'm just messing with Timeseries and Macros, it's mindless stuff i can easily do.

It actually broke 60 degrees a few days ago. Unheard of in February. I doubt it's gonna snow again this winter, which makes me kinda sad. I was getting into making mini-snowmen all over the place.

Christian hardly reads this, so I'm gonna think outloud. We've been talking about what to do for v-day and I'm still unsure what to get him. I was thinking of a gift certificate to a massage therapy place around here, since he's all gimped out and crippled, and my hands always tire out fast when giving massages, a certified therapist would do him some good. I have yet to check it out though; there's one in Bethesda, so I have to separate myself from him for a while to go down there.

Hey everyone - check out flyi.com. They're starting new west coast lines (LAX to Dulles starting in May) for as low as $84 one way! it's crazy how low it is! Come visit me!! the weather will be perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home