Where is My Mind?

2.18.2005

I heart my boyfriend

Hm, I meant this entry to be around Valentine's Day, but being bummed about rejections/waitlists to going to another interview pushed it back a few days. So now that i have some "me time" around (between the lines: Christian is in Pittsburgh for his grad school interviews till Sunday) I can get back to doing what I used to do - chill by myself in my apartment. I have random things to get done this weekend anyway, so it's a good respite for the moment.

Anywho, I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. My workday morning was brought down with checking my status at many schools, but Christian kept trying to cheer me up during lunch. Whatever he does always seems to do the trick. I am grateful that I have one acceptance, and getting rejections here and there by applying to so many schools comes with the territory. The top ones of course I was expecting, but it still hurts. I thought my numbers were competitive for GW, I thought wrong. Enough of this. So Christian cheered me up even more by surprising me with a card at work along with a little gift. Before lunch, he kept telling me to go by Debbie's (the lab secretary) office to see if his laptop had come back from being serviced. I went to check, didn't see anything, and came back. After lunch, he made me check again, but he went this time, and said i had something in my mailbox as he went back to his office. I go, and there's this red envelope sitting in my slot. When he asked me to check the first time, I was supposed to see it, but I'm bad like that. hahaha. Well, the surprise was nice :) After I called him to thank him for the card, he asked me to come over for something else. Unaware of anything else (and no one else was in the office that day), I went over and he gives me a little box that had a pair of earrings inside. wow! Totally surprised me. They're rare shells found in Hawaii that were arranged to look like a flower. I was wearing my new Bennetton blazer and both matched well together. That was very very sweet of him. Since I hadn't gotten his gift yet (the massage therapist session) I offered to pay for dinner that night. We went to a Spanish/Mexican restaurant in Cleveland Park, it was great because we had a great table and it wasn't too crowded. They also had good tamales that melted in my mouth and weren't spicy at all. We split a pitcher of a black raspberry margarita and, of course, i got tipsy during dinner. It was a wonderful time.

So, we've been together for almost 9 months, and we've enjoyed every minute we've had together. I'm still amazed at how well we get along together. We have a similar sense of humor, overlapping musical tastes, compliment each other, support each other, and are patient with each other when the other is stressing/can't do anything/is crippled out. It's a very reciprocal relationship.

Things I love about him (warning, sappiness ahead):
~The way he kisses the top of my head. It's so endearing.
~When he gives me a hug and hugs the back of my head, bringing it closer to him
~The way we can just stare into each other's eyes for long periods of time (this is a good sign for me - when i was little, i've always dreamed of having a picture of me and my bf looking into each other's eyes. awwww)
~The way he tucks my hair behind my ears when doing the above.
~How he's brought up my self-esteem a LOT since we started dating
~Everything!