Where is My Mind?

2.06.2005

A derivative of senioritis

Come to think of it, the term "senioritis," with its "-itis" suffix, would denote something to the effect of "enlargement/inflammation of....being a senior." or something. well, i guess it fits. I was thinking "seniorosis" might be a better term because the "-osis" would denote something abnormal....but when one is a senior, the normal thing is to feel above everything and not do stuff. ok, train of thought went nowhere.

It's been a lazy weekend for me. I have a list of things to do, but i just didn't feel motivated enough to do anything. The most pressing thing at the moment is to iron a shirt for my suit for my NYMC interview on tuesday. i'm flying out tomorrow night; it's not cold enough to fear driving in snow (it was a beautiful day today, actuall, it hit the mid 50s!), but i just don't feel comfortable driving around the east coast by myself to actually do it. and no way in hell am i going to drive through nyc or philly. thank goodness my upcoming interviews are along train routes easily accessible from Union Station.

Christian is making me nervous in the time coming up to my Pittsburgh interview. Seeing that it's our #1 shot so far (his interview is the week following mine, and neither of us have heard from UC Davis), i'm nervous by default, but he was adding more pressure for me to do well, to ask David for pointers, etc. We'll be driving up to Pittsburgh on Thursday and staying with David and Emily over the v-day weekend.

2 parties this past weekend, one at Krystal's and one at Jeff's. Both sorta wine-and-cheese. Good times. I'm starting to feel inadequate again as people start hearing from schools...grad programs are still difficult to get into, and it's very impressive to hear people going to interviews at places like Emory, Hopkins and Wash U, even acceptances. And i'm not degrading my acceptance to Stony Brook or anything, nor all the interviews I've had, but I guess it's some weird quirk of mine that's a tad i dunno, jealous? well, there isn't really anything I can do to remedy the situation; i did the best i could in school, i'm doing the best i can here. get over it!

I am happy I was able to get an interview at Jefferson; of all the schools in Philly, i am most attracted to that one out of the 4. We'll see how things go at the interviews, however, seeing that they're so late in the season. Probably getting a rejection from Emory, UVa, NYU and Columbia, no surprise, I was holding out hope for Mt. Sinai, but i haven't heard from them, nor from Loyola Chicago. I hope the UC's show me some loving. (Please, UC Davis!!! I don't expect anything from UCLA or UCSD at this point...)

Mmm...what else...work's been going okay. Extracting more timeseries this week = Fun With Macros! whoopee. I need to get off my lazy ass and start doing stuff. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home