Where is My Mind?

12.24.2004

Merry Christmas Eve!

Ah, it's nice to be back home in warmer 70 degree weather :)

Things have been going well at work. The story is changing slightly, moving away from the category stuff into the priming stuff. More work awaits me when i get back, but Alex is very pleased with things so far. PHEW!

Christian and I went to Clearspring, MD last weekend for a family gathering at his uncle's place. It's a very nice house near a local ski place. Hopefully I can go snowboarding more than once this season :) The party was a good time: there were so many little kids; it was kinda crazy. They were all around the same age as well, and his uncle's basement is one big game room (pool table, ping pong, foosball, video games, pinball, air hockey, etc!) His uncle and aunt also have a really cute lhasa apso named Webster.

Children's Inn on Sunday, good times helping people out. I played pool with one of the kids towards the end of my shift and he almost won. (yeah, you're supposed to let the kids win, but I let it come close). Christian and I exchanged gifts when I got back, and he got me some really high-quality noise-cancelling headphones (WOW!) he was so impressed by them he got a pair for himself, haha. He really liked my gifts too: America the Book, Imperial Hubris (books he's wanted), a money clip with a clock (he lost his a couple of weeks ago), and a blue beaded curtain for his apartment.

At work, i was using the headphones and i couldn't even hear my phone ring, they're THAT good.

This past week has been really cold. Monday was pretty bad, when this big cold front dipped into the area, along with some winds. It was only a high of 27 or so, and even though i wrapped my face in my scarf, i could still feel the cold through it. it was pretty bad. It was Mariam's last day in the lab, so we went out to lunch in Bethesda at Olazzo, an Italian restaurant. good times; she said she'll miss the company, but not the work (totally understandable, since she had a very demanding, unsympathetic boss). Christian treated me to dinner on Tuesday since it was my last night there. We wanted to go to some fancy place, so we tried Ruth's Chris, but the 2 hour wait was a little too long. So we went to McCormick's & Schmick's and had a really nice long full course dinner (drinks, appetizers, meal, and dessert). We're so spoiled that it's gonna be a tough 9 days before we see each other again. I miss him already.

I connected in Las Vegas for the first time; i've never flown into the airport there. It's really cool seeing the strip from the air. LAX was really crowded, and it's good to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home