Post 201
Wow, that last post was my 200th one. I'm pretty amazed at how i've been able to keep this up for so long, and it's interesting to go back and look at the evolution of my mind since 2001. Some of it i'd rather forget because there were some difficult times, but for the most part, i don't mind reminsicing. My only gripe is that sometimes i don't explicitly say what's going on, which forces me to think about things that have happened. One example is that i never explicitly said that i'll be going to NIH last year. Small complaint, but whatever.
Anyway. I am officially a medical school applicant. After 1.5 months of agonizing over my personal statement, I sent out my damn AMCAS yesterday morning. I've applied to 30 or so schools....i wanted to stay under 30 but it just wasn't happening. All the schools in california, and then most schools in DC, VA, MD, NY, PA, and Chicago.
Things I am most worried about now: Getting my Hoag and NIH letters of rec back to UCI by the time i start sending in secondaries (if i get any).
Christian and I started going to Bikram Yoga classes yesterday. it differs from regular yoga in that the class is held in a studio that is heated to about 100 degrees or so. it was pretty hard for our first class, but he feels great and re-energized and i feel good too. Funny thing was, when we entered the place, the receptionist specifically told me to take it easy. She said she could spot a Type A personality like *that.* Now, i thought i took it easy during class, but when we got back to Christian's place, i felt like throwing up and i had a massive headache. He made me lie down while he made dinner and i think i broke into a cold sweat. After finally showering i felt a little better, but i felt a lot better after eating dinner. I think it was the lack of food that got to me during class. But then today at lunch, Christian said the receptionist totally called me and i should've taken it easier than i thought i did. I guess you had to be there.
Thank goodness it's friday. Too bad Pat's gonna be back from vacation. But things are going well at work, Alex is finally happy with what i've been getting. Phew!
Anyway. I am officially a medical school applicant. After 1.5 months of agonizing over my personal statement, I sent out my damn AMCAS yesterday morning. I've applied to 30 or so schools....i wanted to stay under 30 but it just wasn't happening. All the schools in california, and then most schools in DC, VA, MD, NY, PA, and Chicago.
Things I am most worried about now: Getting my Hoag and NIH letters of rec back to UCI by the time i start sending in secondaries (if i get any).
Christian and I started going to Bikram Yoga classes yesterday. it differs from regular yoga in that the class is held in a studio that is heated to about 100 degrees or so. it was pretty hard for our first class, but he feels great and re-energized and i feel good too. Funny thing was, when we entered the place, the receptionist specifically told me to take it easy. She said she could spot a Type A personality like *that.* Now, i thought i took it easy during class, but when we got back to Christian's place, i felt like throwing up and i had a massive headache. He made me lie down while he made dinner and i think i broke into a cold sweat. After finally showering i felt a little better, but i felt a lot better after eating dinner. I think it was the lack of food that got to me during class. But then today at lunch, Christian said the receptionist totally called me and i should've taken it easier than i thought i did. I guess you had to be there.
Thank goodness it's friday. Too bad Pat's gonna be back from vacation. But things are going well at work, Alex is finally happy with what i've been getting. Phew!

1 Comments:
I've heard so much about bikram yoga and I pass one one place on La Cienega that does it whenever I do research... I'd love to try it.
By
Albert, at 12:22 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home