Where is My Mind?

11.08.2008

Enjoying 4th year to the max!

Ahh, no blogs since the first half of surgery...oops!

Plastics was good. Got a lot of suturing in and realized that once I got over the learning curve, it's quite fun. But surgery's not the life for me. That's why I'm trying to get all the procedures out of my system during the next few rotations, before giving them up to dissect the human mind.

Applications were sent, interviews came. First one is next Friday back east, my only one on that coast. Excited about seeing Erin and Meera, maybe some fall colors?

PM&R was good, I really got the hang of the musculoskeletal exam. It's funny when attendings from various specialties still try to convince me to change specialities after applications are done. It's a big self-esteem booster, nonetheless! The Medicine AI was a little rough, but still enjoyable. Had some mild burnout, which again confirms that medicine, while enjoyable, still is not for me. Currently wrapping up my emergency medicine rotation, which has been awesome. Got to start IVs, put in Foley's, I&D nasty abscesses, cut people's clothes off (trauma situations, people!), suture lacs, watch intubations, do chest compressions (that was a sad case though...), and hone in on my decision making skills. I suppose if I hadn't been so psych-headed, EM might be on the list, because of the procedures, but that was something I hadn't realized I liked doing until late given the learning curve, and the whole thinking-fast-on-your-head part. I'm more of a muller. Shift work isn't so bad for me. And so many days off!!

After going to my baby cousin's baptism tomorrow, time for some soul searching with answering some potential interview questions. 4th year is awesome.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hey Naomi!

    Seems like you're having an exciting life! Haven't seen or talked to you in a long time, just want to say hi. :)

    It's fun to read some of your current posts and get updated (sort of).

    Hope to see you soon.

    -tammy

    By Blogger Tammy, at 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home