NYC antics
Venturing out to Davis was fun. Being with my parents was stressful. I don't know why they get on my nerves so much when we're doing things. Mainly it's my mom. She stresses me out a lot by her worrying. So, as we look at places to live, she continually asks how far it is to Davis.
Now, everyone in Davis bikes. It's the most bicyclingest city in the US, or something like that. I'm gonna get used to the fact I'll be biking around a lot. My mom, on the other hand, thinks i'm gonna waste away and lose more weight by doing so, and wants me to drive everywhere. With gas prices the way they are, I'm not a fan of that. With the cost of a parking permit, I'm not a fan of that. With traffic/parking on campus, I'm not a fan of that. It's hard to get past her judgments after she's made a decision, no matter how irrational it is.
So that's one main thing that was stressing me out that weekend. Overall, the hunt went well, found a couple places I liked, people I liked. I secured a place with a postdoc and a really cute dog in a complex in West Davis, big room, my own huge bathroom, and a nice distance away from campus with a nice bike path.
Davis is really small. You can get from one end of town to the other in 15 minutes (by car). There's an In and Out Burger :) But there isn't a Barnes and Noble =(.
The following weekend was my first trip driving in New York City. Erin and I drove up for a fun filled weekend with all of her friends. It mainly consisted of bar hopping and staying out till 4AM. We stayed in a "hotel" that was more like an overpriced hostel. There was some drama that involved an overreactive, oversensitive guy. Good falafels in Greenwich Village. I'd like to see the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens more, without the drenching rainfall. Too bad trips to NYC can't be paid for like CNS!
So, work is winding down, and i'm about halfway through Harry Potter 6. Off to do more reading!
Now, everyone in Davis bikes. It's the most bicyclingest city in the US, or something like that. I'm gonna get used to the fact I'll be biking around a lot. My mom, on the other hand, thinks i'm gonna waste away and lose more weight by doing so, and wants me to drive everywhere. With gas prices the way they are, I'm not a fan of that. With the cost of a parking permit, I'm not a fan of that. With traffic/parking on campus, I'm not a fan of that. It's hard to get past her judgments after she's made a decision, no matter how irrational it is.
So that's one main thing that was stressing me out that weekend. Overall, the hunt went well, found a couple places I liked, people I liked. I secured a place with a postdoc and a really cute dog in a complex in West Davis, big room, my own huge bathroom, and a nice distance away from campus with a nice bike path.
Davis is really small. You can get from one end of town to the other in 15 minutes (by car). There's an In and Out Burger :) But there isn't a Barnes and Noble =(.
The following weekend was my first trip driving in New York City. Erin and I drove up for a fun filled weekend with all of her friends. It mainly consisted of bar hopping and staying out till 4AM. We stayed in a "hotel" that was more like an overpriced hostel. There was some drama that involved an overreactive, oversensitive guy. Good falafels in Greenwich Village. I'd like to see the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens more, without the drenching rainfall. Too bad trips to NYC can't be paid for like CNS!
So, work is winding down, and i'm about halfway through Harry Potter 6. Off to do more reading!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home