Sigh, i miss home. I had a fun 2.5 days back in warm sunny cali. :) Thanks to everyone for a fun fun weekend.
My dad picked me up in my car (my car!!!) and the first thing i did when i got in? Tuned in to KROQ. Man, i miss that station too much. There is no station like it around here. Honestly! I haven't heard Queens of the Stone Age in months until i tuned in that afternoon. And they play a good mix of stuff.
Thanksgiving dinner was good, good to see the family again, chatted with Kate and Cecille while everyone else watched a DVD. It's weird, our family parties aren't really "parties;" i've noticed that everyone seems to just watch tv instead of chat much. It was nice to chat with them again, though, and play with Camille. She knows my name, yay!
Friday i couldn't resist not shopping. Mom, Dad, and Allan went to downtown LA while i rested, but i looked through all the sale advertisements and decided to walk to Circuit City and got some CDs and DVDs that were on sale. Good thing i walked, cuz parking was a bitch and i wasn't ready to deal with all the crowds and parking after not driving for 2 months. Had lunch with the Cambridge girls, it was good to see them too, and made a date to see a Love Actually with them and Ki on saturday.
The post-thanksgiving party at Sarah's was fun. It was so good seeing everyone again! Even Kristen, Hal, and Casana were there. I miss them all so much. We played Cranium and Mafia (I was a townsperson both times and i got accused and wasn't able to defend myself successfully so i got voted off =P boo!) Mrs. Watson made a really good dinner, i should've eaten more but i had so much to eat prior to that! The Sick and Twisted festival was all right...i think it was a ripoff though, $9 for 90 minutes...and i only really liked the Dr. Tran short.
I really liked Love Actually. People had told me, "Naomi, you'd really like it, it's so your movie!" and they were right! It's British, it's romantic, not too cheesy, and very feel-good. It was such a cute movie. The people sitting next to Steff were crying. I could see how ppl can be moved to tears. I liked the vignettes of Hugh Grant's and Colin Firth's characters the most. I didn't feel like there was much of a resolution with Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson's characters, though, it seemed a little unfinished. But i still liked it, and you know i'm gonna get the dvd of it when it comes out.
And now i'm back in cold, cold DC. But since the road trip is off (a little disappointed, but i understand everyone's concerns), i get 2 weeks for christmas and new years! I'm so excited!
My dad picked me up in my car (my car!!!) and the first thing i did when i got in? Tuned in to KROQ. Man, i miss that station too much. There is no station like it around here. Honestly! I haven't heard Queens of the Stone Age in months until i tuned in that afternoon. And they play a good mix of stuff.
Thanksgiving dinner was good, good to see the family again, chatted with Kate and Cecille while everyone else watched a DVD. It's weird, our family parties aren't really "parties;" i've noticed that everyone seems to just watch tv instead of chat much. It was nice to chat with them again, though, and play with Camille. She knows my name, yay!
Friday i couldn't resist not shopping. Mom, Dad, and Allan went to downtown LA while i rested, but i looked through all the sale advertisements and decided to walk to Circuit City and got some CDs and DVDs that were on sale. Good thing i walked, cuz parking was a bitch and i wasn't ready to deal with all the crowds and parking after not driving for 2 months. Had lunch with the Cambridge girls, it was good to see them too, and made a date to see a Love Actually with them and Ki on saturday.
The post-thanksgiving party at Sarah's was fun. It was so good seeing everyone again! Even Kristen, Hal, and Casana were there. I miss them all so much. We played Cranium and Mafia (I was a townsperson both times and i got accused and wasn't able to defend myself successfully so i got voted off =P boo!) Mrs. Watson made a really good dinner, i should've eaten more but i had so much to eat prior to that! The Sick and Twisted festival was all right...i think it was a ripoff though, $9 for 90 minutes...and i only really liked the Dr. Tran short.
I really liked Love Actually. People had told me, "Naomi, you'd really like it, it's so your movie!" and they were right! It's British, it's romantic, not too cheesy, and very feel-good. It was such a cute movie. The people sitting next to Steff were crying. I could see how ppl can be moved to tears. I liked the vignettes of Hugh Grant's and Colin Firth's characters the most. I didn't feel like there was much of a resolution with Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson's characters, though, it seemed a little unfinished. But i still liked it, and you know i'm gonna get the dvd of it when it comes out.
And now i'm back in cold, cold DC. But since the road trip is off (a little disappointed, but i understand everyone's concerns), i get 2 weeks for christmas and new years! I'm so excited!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home